At Rotoplas we believe in innovation. Using state of the art technology we specialize in the design, manufacture and supply of rotationally moulded products. Our product development team has extensive industry experience and is constantly working to turn great concepts into reality.
The Rotational Moulding Process
- Powdered resin is introduced to the mould. The mould is placed in a heated environment.
- It is then rotated biaxially, ensuring even distribution of the material within the mould.
- The mould enters the cooling cycle. Whilst still rotating fans blow cool air on the hot mould. The resin inside the mould solidifies as the mould
- Once cooled the mould is opened and the part is removed. The product is now ready for post mould work in our Secondary Operations facility if required
Benefits of Rotational Moulding
Rotational moulding has many benefits over other moulding processes including:
- Ability to mould one-piece hollow parts
- Comparatively cheap tooling cost
- Faster tooling manufacture
- Ability to produce short runs
- Ability to vary wall thickness at any time
- Ability to mould in metal threads
- Large colour range and ability to change colour each cycle
- Range of materials including Diesel grade, Anti-static and Flame retardant